The Shaw Education Trust is a growing, dynamic group of academies who deliver education provision across all phases, all sectors and all communities. We are proud to work in collaboration with 10 academies across 11 sites, stretching from Birmingham to Greater Manchester, promoting inclusivity in our provision, policies and procedures in order to secure the best outcomes for our students.
We deliver high-quality provision and support to over 5000 students and 900 staff members in order to provide students with better life chances and help them achieve their goals.
To ensure this is achieved, senior leaders at each Academy can access the support of a core team and commissioned experts to provide effective staff training to continually develop their good practice.
Support for staff members does not stop there, as we encourage collaboration within and between establishments, creating a community of professionals with a wide range of valuable experience and specialist knowledge to share among peers.
Academies within our Trust benefit from the ability to act independently, such as forming their own policies and procedures, while being able to utilise the support of the larger Trust network. Through this collaborative approach, we are improving, accelerating and enabling ambitious life goals for all our students, as well as enabling staff to reach their full potential.
There are many aspects which set us apart from other multi-academy trusts, namely that:
- From mainstream to special schools, primary to further education – we provide for all. Our all-inclusive structure enables us to reach students across all phases, all sectors and all communities.
- Our core team are made up of experienced professionals within the sector, including National Leaders of Education, Ofsted inspectors and former Her Majesty’s Inspectors, who are on hand to provide expert advice and valuable insight.
- We believe in clear lines of accountability; our comprehensive scheme of delegation enables everyone to play their part in improving what we do. The highly skilled Trust Board provide an appropriate level of challenge and support to the central team and to Academy leaders.
- We don't prescribe a curriculum; instead we support our academies to offer a curriculum that deepens knowledge, develops skills and fires the curiosity of students.
- Each of our academies offers a range of support that addresses life after school, develops students' independence and helps them to prepare for university and the world of work.
- We always act with integrity and transparency; local accountability is supported through a system of Academy Councils, with representatives of the whole school community in membership.
- Within two years of joining our Trust, all our academies are providing an effective, innovative and truly awesome education for their students.
For more information regarding the Trust’s funding agreement, memorandum and articles of association, click here.
Acting Head of School